Friday, April 13, 2018
Celebrating Failures
This summer I am studying abroad in Spain. Traveling to a different country costs a lot of money. I had looked up and searched for scholarships and found some I planned on applying for. I wrote my essay and asked multiple people to read and edit it. I put in a good amount of my time as well as other's into this essay. I went to the application to submit it and realized it was due about 20 days ago. I could've sworn it was due March 24th, when in fact, it was due March 3rd. I felt so guilty for asking other people to take time and read my essay and give me feedback, when it was all for nothing. I felt embarrassed because I had been very irresponsible. I shouldve checked the date and wrote it down. I shouldnt have been so careless. I was pretty mad at myself but I get over things quickly. There was nothing I could do to fix it, just move on and try to find more scholarships. This class has taught me that taking risks is okay. Taking risks does mean there will most likely be failure, which sucks, but its okay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your Exit Strategy
I do intend to sell my business for a return. I see this happening before five years. I would enjoy running something else that I am passion...
Hey Meg. That is very unfortunate that happened to you. Nothing is worse than setting your mind on a certain date and then realizing it was the wrong date. I have done this numerous times whether this be assignment due dates or doctors’ appointments. I think what you did was about the only thing you could do in that situation and it was move and on and apply for more scholarships. Failure is annoying but you’re not going to get anywhere by dreading on something in the past!
ReplyDeleteHey Megan, I really enjoyed reading your post about your recent failures. I admire the fact that you recognized your failure and moved on from it pretty easily. I tend to dwell in my mistakes and its harder for me to move on fast. Anyways, I think you did a great job with the post and although you missed that one scholarship I am sure that there are some more out there!
ReplyDeleteHi Meg! I would feel terrible too if I missed a deadline for a scholarship after doing all the work for it too. I think it was a good lesson though that we should be more organized when it comes to deadlines for assignments. That is one of the things I enjoy about this class because you must keep up with all of your assignments and readings every single week. I am sure there are more scholarships out there that you can apply for! Have fun in Spain!
ReplyDelete