Based
on what was said in my interviews, what is next for my venture is to find other
information to display on my app. One person suggested focusing on studying and
partnering with some of the businesses in Gainesville like Study Edge. I could
include a calendar of the events they are having and who is going that uses the
app. Another person suggested focusing on wait times. I could start to include
wait time of popular places to eat or I could incorporate some kind of delivery
service so people do not have to leave their spot while studying.
I was able to get a lot of good ideas from my interviews.
I would definitely just work on my first idea for a while, perfecting my app. I
think I like setting up some kind of delivery service for people studying.
There are so may services already in place that I could partner with. Getting
popularity with my app would be necessary before I reached out to these other
businesses.
Based on what was said in these interviews, I should
focus next on a way to display information about events happening in
Gainesville. One of the people I interviewed complained about how it can be
difficult to know what is going on around town because information is spread
out on different social medias. Another person suggested displaying wait time
for restaurants. Instead of calling a bunch of places, by looking at one app
someone can see all the wait times.
I was surprised that there was a lot of overlap. I guess
my app is pretty basic. I explained the app the same way to all the people I talked
to. I think showing wait times for restaurants would be a good idea. I would have to think of
something more simple to name my app if I wanted to go in a different direction
than studying.
I think the wait time for restaurants would be a great idea. I use the Great Clips app to check the wait times and it is very convenient for reserving a spot. If your app had a setting where you could check wait times and lines I would be more likely to download and use it.
ReplyDeleteHi Meg, I liked your post this week on your business opportunity because it showed outside of the box thinking on ways to improve your opportunity. I liked your idea about how you could partner up with different businesses in Gainesville. This is a great way to promote your brand and a way to improve your app. Overall great post!
ReplyDeleteHey Meg, I like the direction that you’re going with for the app. I think finding new information to put on the app would be huge and give people more of a reason to download it, however I would be careful about keeping it simple and not too cluttered. I think another good idea would be to create a website along with the app, giving people on the desktop a good way to get the information as well.
ReplyDeleteHi Meg. I think the information you gained from people in your existing market and new market will really help you down the road with your venture. I liked your idea about using wait times and incorporating a delivery service to bring food to people while studying. I think that would be a great idea because there is nothing worse than having to leave a study session to go find food. The ideas from the interviews will help you make an even greater app and overall product!
ReplyDelete